Master the 7 pillars of school success
Improve your grades and lower your stress
8 Triangle Facts: What do you remember about triangles?
1. The angles in a triangle sum to _____________.
2. The shortest side of a triangle is opposite the ___________________.
3. The side opposite the right angle is called the ___________________.
4. The segment that measures the height of a triangle is called the ___________.
5. Angles that are supplementary sum to __________.
6. Angles that are complementary sum to _________.
7. The Pythagorean Theorem Formula: _____________________.
8. The formula for the area of a triangle is ______________________ and the formula for the area of a rectangle_______________________.
Use Pythagorean Theorem to find the missing side lengths. Simplify your answers. No decimal answers. Find the area of each.
9. a = 5, b = 12, and c=_______
10. b = 4, c = 10, and a = ________
11. Find the area of an isosceles triangle that has a base of 12 and two sides measuring 10.
Determine whether or not the following sets of numbers could represent a right triangle. If not, classify the triangle is acute or obtuse.
Use the Pythagorean Theorem to test.
If a2 + b2 = c2, then it is a right triangle.
If a2 + b2 < c2, then it is an obtuse triangle.
If a2 + b2 > c2, then it is an acute triangle.
12. 21, 12, 24
13.13, 31, 17
1.Draw a picture. 2.Label it. 3.Use your tools! Solve!
15. A 50-meter radio tower must be braced with a cable that is tied 30 meters from its base. What is the length of the cable to the nearest meter?
17-30 Involve Simplying Radical Expressions and missing sides and hypotenuse of a right triangle.